Dr. Alizadeh has inspired and taught medical students throughout his career. He is now Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, and Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at New York Medical College. Dr. Alizadeh trains physicians all over the world and has shared his reconstructive skills with doctors in war-torn Kabul and earthquake-ravaged Haiti, his breast surgery skills in Beijing and Chicago, and his cleft-lip-and-palate techniques in Myanmar and Mexico.
Whether presenting the findings of scientific research, new breast enhancing, or surgical rescue techniques, Dr. Alizadeh has led over 50 peer-reviewed presentations. His innovative discoveries and pioneering techniques have captured the attention of attendees at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and many more. As a published author on subjects ranging from abdominoplasty and forehead rejuvenation to erasing problem scars and improving plastic surgery residency, Dr. Alizadeh continues to share his innovations with the medical world. His articles have appeared in books and journals, including Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, The Handbook of Plastic Surgery, Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, Annals of Plastic Surgery and more.
International Physician Training
- Mwanza, Tanzania, Sekou-Toure Referral Hospital: Post burn and trauma reconstruction training
- Mirebalais, Haiti, Mirebalais University Hospital : Reconstructive surgery training
- Yangon, Myanmar: Reconstructive surgery training
- Ramallah, West Bank, Israel: Exploratory surgery training mission
- Kabul, Afghanistan: Reconstructive surgery training
- Jimani, Dominican Republic and Port Au Prince, Haiti: Limb salvage and reconstructive surgery for earthquake survivors
- Gonbad, Iran: Reconstructive surgery training
- Baku, Azerbaijan: Smile Train Grant: Cleft lip and palate training and surgery
- Beijing, China, Evercare Plastic Surgery Institute: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and breast surgery
- Mandalay, Myanmar, Mandalay General Hospital: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and cancer reconstruction surgery
- Kurdistan Iraq/Iran: Kurdistan University hospital: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and trauma reconstructive surgery
- Sari, Iran: Mazandaran University Medical Center: Smile Train Grant, cleft lip and palate surgery
- Tehran, Iran, Iran University Medical Center: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and burn surgery
- Tehran, Iran, 2nd International Iranian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons: Treating Complications from Periareolar Augmentation Mastopexy
- Shiraz, Iran, Namazi University Medical Center: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and microsurgery
- Santa Cruz, Bolivia, Primero de Mayo Clinic: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and burn surgery
- Oaxaca, Mexico, Manos de Ayuda Clinic: Cleft lip and palate surgery
- San Juan, Puerto Rico, San Jorge Children's Hospital: Cleft lip and palate surgery, and ear reconstruction
- Kabul, Afghanistan, Refugee Camps: trauma surgery
Devoted to serving patients, training the next generation of young surgeons, and international medicine.
Meet Dr. Kaveh Alizadeh
Domestic Physician Training
- Mineola, NY, Winthrop University Hospital Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds and SUNY Stony Brook University Visiting Professor Grand Rounds: "What's New in Cleft Care?"
- East Meadow, NY, Nassau University Medical Center Department of Surgery Visiting Professor Grand Rounds: "Microsurgery in Cancer Reconstruction"
- Chicago, IL, The University of Chicago Hospitals Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Visiting Professor Grand Rounds: "Treating Algorithm for Complications from Periareolar Augmentation Mastopexy"
- Chicago, IL, The University of Chicago Hospitals Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Visiting Professor Grand Rounds: "Facial Artery Musculomucosal Flaps for Large Palatal Defects"
- Mineola, NY, Stony Brook University Visiting Professor Grand Rounds: "Recent Advances in Post-Traumatic and Post-Oncologic Reconstruction"
- Livingston, NJ, St. Barnabas Medical Center: "Novel Use of Perforator Flaps in Breast Aesthetic Surgery"
- New York, NY, Mount Sinai Surgery Grand Rounds: "Perforator Flaps in Breast Surgery"
- New York, NY, New York University Medical Center Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds: "Evidence-Based Surgical Management of Chronic Migraines"